Sunday, January 14, 2007

Christmas Letter {B}

Caroline's {B} Page:

On to letter 'B' and I have decided to go with BAUBLES!

I printed off a photo that I took Christmas 2006 of my tree and some of the decorations. I am quite 'into' scuffing and scratching of photos at the moment so I did that with this one as you can see in the slide show!

In this part of my A-Z Christmas Journal I am using Blonde Moments Festive Feast papers. For the next step I took a 6x6 piece of Cranberry Sauce and made a circle frame. Cut out and keep the centre too. Scuff around the edges - you can do this because it is white core paper and you can take the coloured layer off to give an aged look.

Layer together, however you like, onto your chosen backing card. In my case I used Herbal Green Prism cardstock and matt gold A4 card cut down to the size of my album which is 10" x 7.5". Remember, as this is a Christmas journal, glitz, glamour, gold and sparkle can be used in abundance.....don't hesitate to use up those gold and silver bits of card and paper that you wouldn't otherwise use!



I then hauled my sewing machine out and did straight stitch around the circle and green card. Don't worry if your sewing is not straight - go round again and have a double line - deliberately make it wonky so that it looks as though you meant it! If you haven't tried sewing onto paper - give it a go. Great fun and so easy! Just remember to keep one needle for fabric and a separate one for paper.

I then triple embossed using utee embossing powders. Layer it up three times to get a glossy effect and then quickly stamp onto it to achieve a textured effect. You must cover your stamp with embossing ink first though so that it doesn't stick to the hot, flexible embossing.

I then used a glitter letter 'b' from L'il Davis Tinseltown Chipboard Alphabet (love these funky letters) and stamped the rest of the word 'bauble' straight onto the gold cardstock.

Set green eyelets into the top of the page and thread gold ribbon through, tying at the back. Attach to the baubles and stick down using foam pads.

Done!!

Di's {B} Page:

For my B page I used Bell, Baubles and Beads and created a 3 tier layered page effect.

I used 3 sheets of Basic Grey folded and cut to 3 different widths. The paper is cut at an angle on the reverse of each sheet to create pockets. The cut pieces are used at the bottom to create further pockets and finally the base piece has a single side opening pocket.

I then made 7 tags to go into the pockets, a photograph on one side whilst the other side can be used for journalling and I have used both machine and hand stitching to attach the photos to the tags. Further photos and vellum quotes have been added to the fronts of the layered pages.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Lovely pages that you've both done. Thought I'd missed a few of the alphabet, but was pleasantly surprised to see it's only on 'B', so feel more inspired now to get a move on. Beth XX

Di W said...

Lovely pages Caroline and Di!! My B is going to be Believe!

Nat said...

Fab pages girlies - can't wait to see what you come up with for "C" :) xxx