Sunday, January 28, 2007

Christmas letter {C}

Di W's {C} page

There are so many options for the letter {C}, but I have chosen "cards" as it is how I started crafting!

I have used a single page layout for this letter. Each of my pages are 51/2 x 51/2". I started out with 6x6 cover boards but have made the book double hinged, so the pages are slightly smaller to accomodate this.

I cut a piece of black card 21cm x 12cm and folded it in half to make a card shape. With my Xyron personal cutter I cut the letters out of blue matt card to spell out the word "cards". I also cut out the shadow of C in cream card. I chose a blue snowflake backing paper and cut out a 10 1/2cm square, which I cut in half diagonally.

I stuck one half of the paper onto the card and added the letters diagonally along the line of the join. In the top right hand corner I used peel off words for the greeting. On a cream piece of paper I printed my journalling and cut the paper slightly smaller than the card before inserting it with double sided tape. I printed and cut out some photos of Christmas cards I had made previously and matted them onto a scrap of the backing paper, cutting close to the outlines. I arranged these as a gallery on the opposite page of the insert.
I stuck the other half of the backing paper to the top right hand corner of the page and punched the holes for the rings to go through. I mounted the card onto the page, sightly off center to the left and added peel off Christmas greetings around the edges.


Di O's {C} page

For my {C} page I have chosen Carols and Candles. The page opens out and contains two small gusset pockets to hold little 4 page carol books and a metal tab pulls up a further area for journalling or photos.

1 comment:

Di said...

Brilliant Di...love it :-)