Sunday, June 17, 2007

Inspiration {L}

Following on from the Christmas L is Inspiration {L} – Lists!!

Every one of us has so much to do in any one day that one sure way to combat the potential stress and to prioritise jobs, is to make a list or lists!

It might be an idea to start off making a list of the lists you would like to make – sounds odd but this is what I had in mind:


My List of Lists to do


1. Craft commitments
2. Work priorities
3. Food shopping
4. Books to read
5. Films to watch
6. Days out
7. Birthday and Special occasion card/presents
8. What to take on holiday
9. Daily list
10. Housework

Each of these lists to do may have one list or more than one list. It’s a good idea to prioritise so that number one is the most important and it may certainly doesn’t have to stop at number ten, it could go on and on, but ten seems a manageable number for most list making.

The list should also be achievable, otherwise you are going to be disappointed and this in turn will create more stress which the list was originally meant to help eliminate!! (Don’t laugh – I do make lists and do aim to get them done, believe it or not!!)

I am thinking mostly of the daily list. I make a list of what I want to do in a day, be it vacuum, mop the floors, do food shopping, do new advertising for the shop, sort out orders, etc. etc. but in order for the complete list to be done you can’t put too many big jobs down, you have to be realistic and allow for disruptions, lunch, chatting on phone, picking kids up from school, etc. (and of these distractions I have many!).




A life revolving around lists sounds a little silly to some, but I have to say it certainly helps me. People who know me know how I can appear disorganized but I am finding that of late the list making is certainly a step in the right direction!

So whats on your list/s…………??!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love both your L's Caroline.

What lovely handwriting you have too!

Di said...

Lists......I wouldn't get through a single day without my lists!! Fabby idea for L Caroline.

Kaz said...

I love the clipboard and the colours. I need lists too, and hate to admit that I have to put down what I've planned for dinner as I forget and do something different!!

Di W said...

Great idea again Caroline! My to do list at work gets longer at this time of year but having it definately helps!!